Friday, June 26, 2009

I'm Keeping the Connection in Spite of all

After researching the whereabouts of Valentin Neuhardt and his family members and discovering their Ohio connections, I now believe my third great grandfather, Frederick Neihardt/Neuhardt, is not the son of Valentin Neuhardt and Catherine Schneider.  There was another Frederick Neuhardt, who lived in Ohio and better fits the profile of Catherine Schneider and Valentin Neuhardt's son.  Ohio Frederick's tree is listed in Ancestry member SueMeister223's Susan Rae Green Family Tree .

You see, Ohio Frederick has a much better claim to the Catherine Schneider/Valentin Neuhardt family than my Minnesota Frederick.

In spite of the error, I intend to keep Catherine Schneider and Valentin Neuhardt listed as Frederick Neihardt's parents until I figure out what to do with these "former ancestors."  I found valuable information regarding this family's immigration to the United States that does not appear to be listed on the other member trees on the Ancestry web site.  Either the tree owners are unaware of the information or they are aware of it and have not posted it to their trees for one reason or another.  Perhaps the information I attached to them will be of some service to those who truly are descendants of Catherine Schneider and Valentin Neuhardt.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: