Sunday, August 21, 2011

Footnote becomes Military Records Site

Image representing Footnote as depicted in Cru...Image via CrunchBaseI just received the email yesterday -  Footnote is changing its name to fold3.  Its new focus will be "offering the finest and most comprehensive collection of U.S. Military records available on the internet."  I about had a heart attack while simultaneously leaping for joy when I read those words.  What would happen to the records that were not related to the U.S. military?  I was relieved to read those records would remain on the new site.

My Norwegian ancestors were not much for wars, but by God if there was a war the U.S. was involved in, my Nussbergers and Butterfields weren't going to let it pass them by - even if they had to lie about their ages at the time of enlistment.  Some of them were eventually caught and kicked out of service, but most of these just joined a different unit and returned to battle.  Tenacious?  Yes.  Foolhardy?  Maybe... but they survived.

I can't wait to check out the new site!



Footnote is now Fold3
http://www.fold3.com/?xid=19
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: