Sunday, April 13, 2008

Welcome!

Welcome to Tiffany Creek, a new blog about ancestors from Dunn and Pepin counties in Wisconsin. I will be posting information about my Wisconsin ancestors here, as well as information about other individuals who lived in the area. With any luck, I will help others researching ancestors from this region. I welcome your comments and suggestions. I am still in the process of tweaking the settings and layouts of this blog, so you can expect changes. I intend to make Tiffany Creek more attractive than it is now, but that will take some time. In the meantime, enjoy my posts and sign my guestbook, please!

A short list of surnames I am researching in this region:
Butterfield
Harrington
Parker
Nussberger

Note that this list is not all-inclusive and there are other surnames I have information about and am researching. The Nussbergers came to America in 1847 and settled in Bear Creek, Pepin, Wisconsin, which was later renamed Durand. The Parkers and Harringtons arrived from Minnesota in about 1860 - they had also lived in Iowa and Illinois, with the patriarch of the Parker family having been born in Pennsylvania and the matriarch - a Watson - having been born in Kentucky. The Harringtons and Butterfields have ancestry that dates back to early colonial times in the U.S., these families having lived in various parts of New England, especially the Massachusetts Bay Colony. The Harringtons intermarried with the Deans of New York and Canada as well. So you will see a lot of east coast genealogy as well, not to mention some posts about the witch trials and certain Quaker incidents that my family was involved in.

Last, but not least, do expect sources. These will be listed, whenever possible, at the bottom of posts as footnotes with links, where appropriate.

No comments: